- Personal information and privacy
- leasetracker.co.za respects your privacy and is committed to protecting all personal information provided to it by the users of this website. By entering any personal information onto this website you confirm that the personal details are your own. In the event that the personal information provided to us is not your own or is inaccurate, leasetracker.co.za will not be liable for the processing of any such incorrect personal information.
- leasetracker.co.za will never release your personal information to a non-relevant third party. In all cases, the only personal information we will ever disclose to Third Parties is your details as determined by you in any form of contact that you have made with us through our services and that we have deemed relevant for us to supply you with our services.
- leasetracker.co.za makes use of Google Analytics “Enhanced Conversions is a feature that can improve the accuracy of the Google Ads conversion measurement, as it supplements the existing conversion tags that we have in place by sending hashed first-party conversion data from the website to Google in a privacy-safe way. The feature uses a secure one-way hashing algorithm called SHA256 on your first-party customer data, such as email addresses, before sending the data to Google. The hashed data is then matched with signed-in Google accounts in order to attribute our campaign conversions to ad events, such as clicks or views. When a customer completes a conversion for a Lease VDP form, for example, Leastracker receives first-party customer data such as an email address. This data can be captured in the Google Ads conversion tracking tags, hashed, sent to Google in its hashed form, and then used to match your customers to Google accounts, which were signed into when your customers engaged with one of your ads. This data will be used to improve the reporting of the online conversions driven by ad interactions.
- Responsible Party
- The entity in leasetracker.co.za that collects personal information from you or that determines the purpose for the processing of your personal information, which will be alone or in conjunction with others, will be the responsible party for your personal information. We are responsible that your personal information is processed in compliance with all the conditions for lawful processing of such personal information as prescribed in POPIA,
- Should you have any questions or wish to complain about the processing of your personal information or wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, you can contact the leasetracker.co.za Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal information collected
- We “process” your personal information if we collect, store, use, make available, update, destroy, disclose or otherwise deal with your personal information.
- Depending on the type of services you use with us or the business relationship you have with us, we may collect and process the following types of information: Name; Race; Nationality, Age; Language preference; Date of birth; Identifying numbers such as identity or passport number, tax identification number or tax reference number; Email address; Telephone number and physical address.
- We will only process other special personal information if we obtain your consent or have another valid justification to do so.
- Our Purpose for collecting personal information
- By utilising the services provided through this website and entering your personal information onto the website you consent to leasetracker.co.za distributing your personal information for the purpose of bringing a prospective seller and a prospective purchaser in contact with each other and you further consent to leasetracker.co.za analysing all data collected through our services for research purposes.
- leasetracker.co.za stores and protects all information that is collected from the use of our services.
- How do we collect your personal information?
- We collect personal information directly from the data subject. We will not collect your personal information without your consent, except to the extent it is required or permitted by law. We collect most of our personal information we process directly from the data subject or an authorised representative of the data subject.
- Who receives your personal information?
- leasetracker.co.za respects your right to be able to remove your name from any leasetracker.co.za mailing/newsletter list. This can be done at any time through the functionality supplied via our services and should you not wish to form part of the leasetracker.co.za mailing/newsletter list you should inform us accordingly.
- leasetracker.co.za reserves the right to email you with any form of relevant information, should you have made use of any of our services.
- leasetracker.co.za does not, and will not, trade “email address lists” or “email address databases”.
- Your Rights As a Data Subject
- You have the right to have your personal information processed in accordance with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information as prescribed in terms of POPIA. You further have the rights as set out below that we must make you aware of.
- Rights of access
- In terms of section 23 of POPIA, you are entitled to request us to:
- Confirm, free of charge, whether or not we are in possession/hold personal information about you;
- Provide a record or a description of the personal information we hold, including information about the identity of all relevant third parties or categories of relevant third parties who have, or have had access to your personal information.
- For us to process this request, you will have to provide us with adequate proof of identity before we respond to such a request. If a record is requested, we will respond within a reasonable time. Note that we may charge you a fee under applicable law for providing copies of records to you.
- Right to request correction or deletion
- You may request us, in terms of section 24 of POPIA, to correct or delete personal information in our possession or under our control that is irrelevant, inaccurate, out of date, excessive, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully. You may further request that we destroy or delete a record of personal information about you that we are no longer authorised to retain.
- Upon such request, we will as soon as reasonably practical correct, destroy or delete such personal information unless we are required, entitled or obligated under applicable laws to keep the personal information and inform you that we have done so.
- If we are of the opinion and belief that the information does not require correction, we will provide you with credible evidence in support thereof.
- Right to object to processing
- Where we process your information to protect your legitimate interests or to pursue the legitimate interest of a relevant third party to whom the information is supplied or our own legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for these purposes, on reasonable grounds relating to your situation, unless applicable law provides for such processing
- You may also object at any time to the processing of your personal information for purposes of direct marketing or the receipt of direct marketing through unsolicited electronic communication.
- Duration Of Retention Of Your Personal Information
- We generally only keep your personal information on our records for as long as we need it to provide you with services and to meet legal requirements related to record-keeping.
- All personal information provided to leasetracker.co.za will not be retained any longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected or subsequently processed and leasetracker.co.za will thereafter delete all records of the personal information.
- We will further, in addition to paragraph 2.9.2, keep your personal information for as long as:
- A contract we have with you requires us to keep it;
- The law requires us to keep it;
- You have consented to us keeping it;
- We reasonably require it to achieve the purpose set out in our contract with you or this policy;
- We require it for our lawful business purposes.
- Security Breaches
- In the event of any security comprise where your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person, we will notify you directly as soon as possible as provided for in POPIA.
- The Information Regulator
- You may complain to the information regulator. Any person may submit a complaint to the information regulator in the prescribed manner and form alleging any interference with the protection of the personal information of a data subject. A data subject may also submit a complaint in respect of a determination of an adjudicator
- The address of the Information Regulator is as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
P.O Box 31533
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com